Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Gal Gadot Ace Con 2017 consignment


There is not much I did for this autograph. No tale to tell. I basically wrote a check.

Gal Gadot was scheduled to be at Ace Con in Long Island in December. I toyed with the idea of going. It would be a nice addition to my collection. I missed getting her at SDCC the last 2 years. I wasn’t close either time – other than being in the same room with her. That room was the massive expo floor of SDCC with 100K other fans.

My SDCC buddy told me ‘his guy’ was doing a consignment for Gal and the other guests at Ace. They would arrange a private signing with the celebs and get stuff signed. As I mentioned, since I have no tale to tell, it’s not very enjoyable for me. Then there is the ‘trust’ factor. The trust was mitigated by the fact my SDCC buddy uses ‘his guy’ all the time. But it’s still a friend of a friend.

I got to choose the photo. There was a nice selection. I chose a blue sharpie but for reasons not under my control, only black was used. So the autograph doesn’t ‘pop’.  But I got it. It’s mine all mine.  ‘His guy’ was good. The process was smooth. He kept me updated. The photo was well packaged and I received it in great shape.

No complaints. Other than not having the opportunity of those beautiful dark eyes look at me.

AH

1 comment: