Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Monster Squad – a Tale of Two Cities


While I enjoyed the movie Monster Squad, it is not near and dear to my heart like it is for my fellow collectors.  I attribute that to the discrepancy in our ages.  They were young ones, barely in their teens. The movie was geared for them. I was in my twenties. I first saw the movie as a date movie with by wife. I have not seen it since. Once was enough.


The Alamo Movie Drafthouse in Richardson was doing a showing of Monster Squad AND they were having 3 of the actors to do a Q&A and a signing. We all know I have something of a control ‘problem’ regarding autographs.  With very little encouragement from my fellow hounds, I attended the screening. After the screening, we received a special mini poster signed by Andre Gower, Ryan Lambert, and Ashley Bank.

That is considered a nice pick up and I was happy with that.

To coincide with the 30th anniversary of the movie, Alamo City ComicCon (not to be confused with Alamo Movie Drafthouse) in San Antonio was having the actors that played the four monsters and the dad in attendance.  This made for a wonderful and serendipitous addition to the poster picked already signed in Richardson.

After a 5 hour drive South, 3 other hounds and myself entered the convention and met Tom Noonan, Carl Thibault, Duncan Regehr, Michael Reid MacKay, and Stephen Macht. They were all very friendly and signed our posters.

This is considered a VERY nice pick up and I am VERY happy my fellow hounds twisted my arm to do this.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment