Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

Jerome Blake Madness Comics

The last guest at Madness Comics was a pleasant surprise.  I knew Jerome Blake played several characters in a Star Wars movie. What I didn’t know was he also had a role in The 5th Element.


That is a movie I really like. As I handed over a 5th Element photo for him to sign, I mentioned I actually saw the movie in the theater when it came out. The theater was nearly empty and I sat in the dark absorbing the movie. At the start of the movie, I was expecting something serious and noir.

As I sat there munching on popcorn and looking around very nonplussed, it took 30 minutes or more for it to dawn on me I was watching a comedy.  Jerome was nice enough to say he experienced the same thing at the cast and crew screening. Since he had a small part, He didn’t know what was filmed.  He sat in wonder until he started to hear others laugh and then it clicked for him too.


AH

No comments:

Post a Comment